SkyFile® Video is an enhanced software application that allows you to capture, compress, edit and transmit video files over IP satellite terminals, no matter your location. Easy to use and offering a variety of versatile features, including a video editing tool, SkyFile Video from Vizada delivers the ultimate in video transmission performance and reliability.
Based on SeaMobile Europes ClipWay software application, SkyFile Video is part of the portfolio of Vizada Solutions.
SkyFile Video is the ideal solution for sending videos over satellite terminals such as BGAN, FleetBroadband, SwiftBroadband, Iridium OpenPort, ThurayaIP and xDSL. A new editing capability developed by SeaMobile Europe makes SkyFile Video a complete video application.
- Powerful: Enables to capture, edit, compress and transmit videos using maximum bandwidth to send broadcast quality video files
- All-in-one: The editing function turns the software into a complete tool enabling mobile workers to create as well as transmit videos in a few clicks
- Seamless: Provides seamless FTP access which can be fully managed via web interface, including private & public folder obtain best quality service with one infrastructure
- Secure: Benefit from secure transmission protocol. Files are saved when transmission has been interrupted
- Cost-effective: Highly efficient compression codec standards ensure high level of compression
- Simple: Allows you to record video directly from a DVCam or analog camera with converter
With SkyFile Video sending video files from any place to anywhere in the world is easy and often more efficient and quicker than placing a phone call or dispatching additional field staff to a remote site. SkyFile Video provides a unique solution tailored to meet the requirements of a wide range of users, including NGO correspondents, government and military units, and the maritime industry. The transmission protocol is completely secure and reliable. If disconnection occurs during transmission, your data will be saved. Automatic reconnection is initiated until the transmission is entirely complete. Even if your video transmission is not completed, a recipient can still play the video files.
Easy to install and easy to use, SkyFile Video does not
require IT knowledge or any other technical competences. In a few clicks mobile workers such as engineers, maintenance officers or NGO aid workers, equipped with a computer, any video source and a communication link can easily capture, edit, compress and send videos from anywhere on the globe.
There are no investment or maintenance costs associated with having your FTP service, as it is provided free of cost by Vizada. The SkyFile Video server is hosted on our SkyFile® Access, which offers you dedicated FTP space that can be managed remotely via web interface or FTP Client software. Together with SkyFile Video, it provides you a complete and seamless video service.
The high level of compression is one of the most important benefits of the software. It uses encoded Windows Media 9 file, encapsulated in Microsoft WMV file format, or PAL or NTSC standard. Customers can select among four compression pre-setting rates provided by the software.
Vizadas SkyFile Video works across most mobile satellite systems, including Inmarsat, Iridium, and Thuraya IP based terminals. SkyFile Video is even flexible enough to use over xDSL for even greater cost-savings. SkyFile Video powered by ClipWay is available in two versions:
- ClipWay: compatible with TCP/IP services such as Inmarsat BGAN, FleetBroadband, SwiftBroadband, Iridium OpenPort and ThurayaIP
- Compatible with TCP/IP services such as Inmarsat BGAN, FleetBroadband, SwiftBroadband, Iridium OpenPort and ThurayaIP, as well as with ISDN connections such as Inmarsat GAN and Fleet services. This version also offers the import of video files and the email preview features
- Pentium Centrino 1.5 Ghz
- RAM of 2048 Mbytes
- XGA display
- Hard disk of 80 Gbytes
- IEEE1394 Plug (Firewire)
- Ethernet adapter or WiFi adapter
- Windows Media Player 11
- Windows XP SP3
- Video source such as DV, DVCam or an analog camera with converter
- Communication link such as Inmarsat BGAN, FleedBroadband, SwiftBroadband, Fleet 77/55, GAN, Iridium OpenPort, ThurayaIP or xDSL
- Compression protocol: WM9
To register as a SkyFile® Video user and to download the software, please contact Vizada Customer Care.